Saturday, May 20, 2006

Americans Speak Up!!! (In American please)

I recently heard on the news that our government was debating once again (shock huh?) whether to make English our native tongue (or rather our official language) . Now people, am I the only one that sees this as a "duh". I can not even begin to tell you how this one just makes me shake my head in amazement BUT I think I have a true solution, if that is what our government is TRULY looking for. Okay good people, hear me out and think about it. The "English" language when you are referring to England or other "English" speaking countries, is different in many ways from our "American" language. Yes, it's based on the "English" language but I have spoken to people from England and Austria, who speak "English" and hon, there was a definite communication problem. So why don't we just be honest and proclaim our official language what it is...........AMERICAN!!!!!! You know, what we are using everyday........what you are reading here right now......what the still majority of our country speaks every day.......do I need to continue? Sorry folks, but you know they can pass all the laws they want and cost us billions of dollars by changing the truth on paper and forcing businesses, schools and on and on and on (think about the cost peopleeeeeeeeee) by changing our "official language" or WORSE refusing to proclaim an "official language" so that our Spanish speaking Americans, illegal Spanish speaking aliens and our always ready to turn on America liberals can continue to badger our government and you know what.......maybe one day succeed in having their way. I do believe one of the weapons they keep bringing up is the increase in numbers of Spanish speaking people in America. Once again I say thinkkkkkkkkkkk peopleeeeeeeeeeee. Let's proclaim what we are, AMERICANS AND WE SPEAK AMERICAN period. What's so hard about that? We are a very hospitable country and I have no problem with having bi-lingual signs and/or interpreters as a courtesy WHEN it is a situation that is affordable. BUT to try and FORCE business and an already burdened government with MORE expenses, that is just NOT correct or right or fair and may I add, doesn't make any sense. I truly believe we MUST put an end to this issue and we MUST do it soon......proclaim our "official language" American.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wadical said...

Amen. But then Jesse and the gang are gonna want to proclaim Ebonics a separate language. They already have. They'll point out how many people speak THAT language. Might we open pandoras box by proclaiming that our language is a dialect of English?

7:31 PM  
Blogger Auntie D said...

Don't think so because that Ebonic thing failed miserably mainly because MOST blacks (meaning that very respectfully) do NOT speak that way. Shoot a lot of the ones I know can speak more properly than I can. Accents and slang are going to be.....doesn't mean anything. I still stand by my statement. Standing TALL too!!!

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home