Saturday, June 24, 2006

Couldn't Have Said It Better Myself!

A friend sent this to me and it seems to fit so well to this site, I just had to share it here: (Don't think I could have written it better myself!)

A lady wrote the best letter I have seen in the Editorials in ages!!
It explains things better than all the stuff you hear on TV.

"Recently large demonstrations have taken place across the country
protesting the fact that Congress is finally addressing the issue of
illegal
immigration. Certain people are angry that the government might protect it's own
borders, might make it harder to sneak into this country and, once here, to
stay indefinitely. Let me see if I correctly understand the thinking
behind
these protests.

Let's say I break into your house. Let's say that when you discover me in
your house, you insist that I leave. But I say, "I've made all the beds and
washed the dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors; I've done all
the things you don't like to do. I'm hard working and honest (except for
when I broke into your house)."

According to the protesters, not only must you let me stay, you must add me
to your famil y's insurance plan and provide other benefits to me and to
my
family (my husband will do your yard work because he too is hardworking
and honest, except for that breaking in part.

If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends who
will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my right to be there.
It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and
I'm
just trying to better myself. I'm hard working and honest, um, except for
that
breaking into your ....er....house part.

And what a deal it is for me!! I live in your house, contributing only a
fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do about it
without being accused of selfishness, prejudice and being ........
anti-housebreaker.

Did I miss anything? Does this sound reasonable to you? If it does, grab a
sign and go picket too.......

If this sounds insane to you, call your senators and enlighten them because
they
are stumbling in the darkness right now and really need your help"





<:))))><<




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Comments:

Blogger mistyforeverlost said...

I agree with her to an extent. I think those who are working and supporting their families without being hoodlums should get to stay and apply for their citizenship. I think those who are not should get sent away.

But then I am also for immediate working visa's to be issued because part of immigrating the right way means not being able to get a job right away.

4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home