Saturday, June 10, 2006

I Had A Dream....

No I mean I literally had a dream last night. It wasn't a good dream but it wasn't a nightmare either. It was however very thought provoking. To make it short, I dreamed our country was overtaken by the "bad guys" and they killed my family and captured me. I was trying to get away but there was no where to "escape" to. It just reminded me how very blessed we are in this country. I can not imagine, not even imagine, what it must be like for countries that live in the middle of war. That can not even feel safe in their own homes. Where the law is whatever the current government says it is and it's people are at the mercy of some power hungry "police force" or "military leaders and men". We may not have a "perfect" government or country but we are more blessed than most places. I feel safe MOST of the time. It just really stunned me at the fear I felt in my dream and when I awakened to realize, there are people actually living like that. I was reminded of a lady from Poland who came to my high school, this is wayyyyyyyyy back when we were forced to take a course on Communism because it was believed everyone should be educated, and she told of how she went to bed one night with everything just fine and literally woke up the next morning to discover her government had been taken over. And her whole life changed just that quickly. She was warning us to not take freedom for granted and that it is indeed worth fighting for. All these years and I have not forgotten her story. And I'm old too. LOL We can have our differences but one difference we can not afford.......Freedom and the cost. No one WANTS to die for it......but we must be willing to in order to keep it. That is easy for me to say because I'm old and past the point of making the sacrifice. BUT as I have said before, my family has fought for freedom allllllllllllll the way back to the beginning. We have had family members who went proudly to every war. No heroes per sae, except in my mind they all are. I have a young grandson that I adore and do not want to even think that he may one day have to go off and fight a war......hurts too much......but I know, if it has to be, it has to be......because freedom has it's price and it's worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home