Sunday, July 09, 2006

Mob (a disorderly crowd) Mentality

My family and I went to see Pirates of the Carribean last night. (Not for small children) The time we wanted was sold out so we bought tickets for the next showing and went to eat and came back. Let me explain something, I HATE crowds. I will do anything I can to avoid a crowd. Why? Because they quickly become a mob!!! Whatever the reason that has drawn enough people together that they are called a crowd, will also make them become a mob as soon as whatever the event is begins. It's like people loose all common sense, forget manners or courtesy. I HATE it. We were all crowded into the lobby waiting to be allowed into the theater, I'm trying my best to find a corner somewhere away from the "beast of people" who are all already, breaking lines, sneaking around for a better position.....just acting like wild animals. Wait, I think animals behave better. So here we go, the ropes go down and oh my goshhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........it's a wonder someone wasn't trampled!!!!!!!!! I could not believe it. There was two young people in wheelchairs (now why didn't the staff let them go first?????) trying to make their way in, being polite but people just about climbing over them until a young man and myself made a barricade stopping the idiots and allowing them to go through. It's a wonder we weren't killed. I have knee problems and can not walk fast so I tried to stay to the side and let people by so they wouldn't knock me down. My family had gone ahead and gotten seats. They were caught up in the moving stream right off. It's just amazing to me how people act. And I'm not talking about children, it was adults and teenagers. My family was so proud that I had gone with them because I avoid that kind of thing and won't go but I did last night and I am here to tell you.......that was enough for me for at least another 10 years. There is nothing I want to see bad enough to make that worth it. As my grandson said because my daughter missed a part of the movie "It's okay Mommie, we can see it again when it comes out in the box." I'll wait for the box from now on.

4 Comments:

Blogger Wadical said...

We had same experience opening day of movie. Whole day was sold out 2 hrs after box office opened. Loud people, kicking chairs, cutting line at concession.....You know I was doing REAL GOOD to not take a prisoner or something. I hate crowds.

2:06 PM  
Blogger mistyforeverlost said...

I tried to see a movie once on opening day, bought the tickets and while waiting in line for popcorn, changed my mind and received a refund for the tickets.

People are just insane.

4:35 AM  
Blogger Auntie D said...

I would have done the same thing if I hadn't been with others.

4:08 PM  
Blogger mysti said...

I am with you on this fully Autie D. I myself hate crowds. Makes me totally nervous. You have just convinced me further it is better to wait and watch the movie at home when it comes out dvd.

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home