Monday, July 17, 2006

Thank God for Family

I just returned yesterday from a visit with my favorite cousin (wadical's mom). She and I had lost track of one another for many, many years. God brought us back into contact with one another and I am so grateful. We have had such special times together catching up. We have such a comfortable relationship and honestly, she feels more like a sister to me than a cousin. I travel to her home and I feel so at home. She and her dear husband have welcomed me with open arms and I have an open invitation there which I have taken them up on many times and intend to many more times. They are the sweetest couple. Wadical came by Saturday night and he and I had such a great time just talking. Or at least I did. My daughter and grandson had gone with me and they had a ball too. Not that we did anything special.....it was just special to be there. My job is a pretty high pressure job most of the time, which I won't even lie, I love it, but there comes a time when I need to be able to get away and chill. My "sister" and her husband have given me that place. I have never been anywhere like that before, where I just could be myself and chill out completely. I mean I can run around in my old clothes and no make up and not feel the least bit guilty or worried. It's great!!! And then to find out how much of the same kind of things we have experienced throughout the years and never realized. She's a very special lady and I love her bunches and I just wanted to say that publically and thank her for her love and kindness. While I'm at it I might as well go ahead and say I'm so proud of wadical, who feels more like a nephew than a cousin to me. He's the greatest!!! Now both he and his mother are sooooooo talented. I'm just plain jealous. His mother, she's the kind, we could both look at something and I will see the thing and she will see what it could be. She tells me wadical is same way and if I go by his writing skills I would have to agree. We will go shopping and I will see something I like and she says, don't buy it, we can make it. And then she will and it will look better than the one in the store. Mannnnnnnn I envy that kind of talent. She wants everyone to think she's not a sweetie, but I'm going to expose her, she has a very soft, tender heart. She may be quicker to speak out than me, but she's also quicker to act when there is a need. I ponder too much. And then I have this very practical side of me that has to weigh it all out and see all sides, meanwhile Nancy has done what needed to be done twice over. God's timing is perfect. I thank Him so much for bringing us back together. Family is so precious and should not be taken for granted.

4 Comments:

Blogger mysti said...

I am so glad you had such a wonderful time with your cousin. I know exactly the kind of cousin you are talking about because I have one of those too. In fact... She is coming to visit me next week with her son. It was all decided today. Very spur of the moment. They are coming for two weeks. I am so very excited! She is more like a sister then a cousin to me. We are very close. My sons call her aunt, visa versa with her son and I. It is a nice feeling when one can be around family and just relax. We plan on simply visiting, going to the beach and playing cards. To me that is the very best kind of family. I am so glad that you have that too!

6:26 PM  
Blogger mistyforeverlost said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time and I am glad you have family there for you.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Wadical said...

Awww, you're pretty swell yourself. But come on. I'm not REALLY the greatest.......OK, maybe ONE of the greatest.

I WOULD have been the greatest, had I been issued just a LITTLE more humility. But, ya know, we all have our flaws. :)

7:29 PM  
Blogger one more patriot said...

Yea, Wadical is ok for a bald guy with a gun!

We are truly rich when we have family that loves us and us them. It's a shame it takes a major holiday or death for families to get together. Hope you can keep the relationships strong.

God Bless

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home