Saturday, August 12, 2006

Once Upon A Time

Do any of you remember back when stories would begin like that? Once upon a time....wow, when you heard that, you knew you were about to go to a time long, long ago and on an adventure that would end happily ever after. Remember that?

Well, I want to share something and I want to start with Once upon a time, but the thing is, whether it ends happily ever after is up to each person who reads it.

Once upon a time, and may I add in my opinion not so very, very long ago, (LOL) there lived a handsome young man who grew up in a well to do home with two parents who loved each other very much and they traveled all over the world, giving the young man a life experience that only a few will ever experience. The young man, according to the secular world, had it all........good looks, good family, maybe not rich like high society rich but rich compared to most, well traveled, knew 3 or 4 languages fluently and had the IQ of a genius to boot. Wow. He had more opportunities before him than most of us could EVER, EVER even dream of much less ever have.

His teen years were spent in a boarding school so that he could receive the best of educations. Also, so his parents could go on with their lives without the bother.

His maternal grandparents were very poor. They were also Christians. You know, the kind that lived it. He was not allowed to have too much to do with them because of that, not the being poor, the being Christians because being around them made his parents feel guilty of the way they were living.

He knew nothing of his paternal grandfather because he up and left when his dad was very young. His paternal grandmother was a bitter woman.

The young man didn't want to go to college as his parents so wanted him to do. No way, he wanted to serve in the Army and go fight in the Viet Nam war and be a hero. So he joins the Army. He meets a young girl and falls in love. They marry. He gets his wish, he is sent to Viet Nam. This wonderful, handsome young man who met the love of his life and was oh so sweet and loving and caring of her.......went off to fight in the war. He never returned.

Some man came back in his place. He called himself by the same name, he looked like him, swore to be him but it was not him. This man had sold his soul over to drugs and hard as the girl he married tried, she could not find the man she loved and married.

They stayed together and had a child. Even though this stranger who returned was cruel and mean. I suppose the girl just kept hoping her love would return. He did not.

Finally the girl realized she had to put her child first and that the environment was not safe for the child, so she took her child and left. She and the child went on with their lives and succeeded to do as well as they could. The young man, he just grew old and wasted his entire life until one day, they just found him dead, all alone in his apartment. He lived by drugs and he died by drugs......all alone. Mark another one up for the devil.

But you remember those grandparents that were poor but Christian? Well, that young girl was introduced to Jesus Christ by those people. What a difference He made.

That young girl is not so young today.....hehehe.......not so old either but not so young. Her child grew up happy and knowing Jesus and married a Christian young man and they have given her the most special grandson in the whole wide world. The best gift of all, her grandson is growing up in a loving, Christian home with good values and he is ever so happy.........what more could a Mam-maw want?

I said back in the beginning that whether this would be a happily ever after or not would be up to each one of you. What I meant by that is that is who do you serve? Because we all serve some god. Whether it be the one and only true Almighty God or the liar and thief, Satan who comes under many disguises, such as drugs.......we all serve a god. Happily ever after? That all depends on who you serve. Who you are depending on.

And oh by the way, for those who have not figured it out yet, that young girl is........Me. And this is no hoax! The story may not be as awesome as the Einstein one but this I know because of Jesus Christ.....my story WILL end with and she lived happily ever after.

9 Comments:

Blogger ΛΕΟΝΙΔΑΣ said...

AuntiD,ΛΕΟΝΙΔΑΣ here
Thank you for the insight. It is true that we each have a marvelous tale to tell. I thank you for visiting my own blog. If you read my profile you may acquire some insight into whence I come. I am a transplant to the South but have a deep respect for for the people I have met here. For more data you may be interested in reading the archives, especially: http://fightingintheshade.blogspot.com/2006/03/true-california-horror-story.html

7:43 PM  
Blogger Auntie D said...

I did indeed read your archives and all I can say is WOW. I have never been to California and to be honest, have never wanted to go and you just confirmed my feelings on that for certain.

Yes, if we have lived, we all have something to share.

5:46 AM  
Blogger Auntie D said...

I had kidney stone crusher procedure Monday and I barely remember coming home and checking my email and I THINK I had some postings to my site but I didn't really read them thinking I could read them later here but now I don't see them so I don't know if I did something wrong or what. If you left a message, please forgive me and rewrite so that it doesn't appear I am ignoring you.....and I can't even remember who or what.......so sorry y'all. I have to figure out what I did because this has never happened before. Thank you.

4:54 AM  
Blogger mysti said...

I am sorry to hear about the Kidney stone Aunt D. Ouch! I hope the procedure worked. I will be praying for your fast recovery.

Sometimes blogger messes up. I posted about how it sounds like you have known some real heartache. I am thankful for your ex's maternal grandparents. God sure does use unusual ways to reach his children. I am glad your ending is happy one!

Hope you feel better.

5:33 AM  
Blogger Auntie D said...

Thank you mysti both for your prayers and comment.

I am fine just kinda foggy headed from the anesthesia. Not my first time with this but hoping it is my last. LOL

Ain't God just awesome???? His hand has guided me and protected me all my life and yes indeed I have known quite a bit of heartache but I read on another blogger's site something that I thought of my word, that is so true. He said that if asked if he could change anything in his past, would he? He answered no, even though there were much he was not proud of but he said no because he realized that all he went through is what brought him to where he is today. If he changed even the slightest of incidences or decisions, he would also have to change the path and it would therefore change where he is today.......so he would not want to change one thing. I thought to myself, how very, very true and when we look at our lives from that prospective, it makes it hard to be hard and bitter, doesn't it?

6:40 AM  
Blogger WayneDawg said...

I had that procedure done about 18 months ago too Auntie.

Over the next 3 weeks I passed over 100 stones ranging from sand to half the size of a BB.

I hope everything passes with ease!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Auntie D said...

Thanks waynedawg!!! I'm sure I will be fine......Lord willing.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Badbeans said...

Auntie,

I passed a kidney stone in '03. Took about a week. No fun, except for the drugs.

I found a long missed friendship with Percocet and Dolodin (Morphine's big bad brother).

12:52 PM  
Blogger Auntie D said...

I am missing my third day off from work and if y'all only knew me you would know how upsetting that is for me. I just don't remember having this bad of a time last time but PLEASE y'all be praying, I NEED to be back at the office because things are happening that I need to be taking care of. I made it half way to work this morning but had to pull over, then called the office and headed back home. This is the pitts.

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home